The VISIONS Program provides community-based employment opportunities and supports for individuals 22 years of age and older through a contract with the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
The VISIONS Program (Vocational, Instructional, and Supported Industrial Opportunities with Natural Supports) has provided Supported Employment services to DDS individuals for over 25 years. Program goals are centered on the individual and focus on providing a supported work environment with a focus on relative levels of increasing vocational independence.
The Major program goals of VISIONS are the following:
- To provide vocational experiences that insure exposure to the skills needed to eventually acquire entry level employment and/or to maintain adequate production levels in applied work.
- To conduct functional assessments of trainees regarding their interests, aptitudes, and abilities so as to set an appropriate career path.
- To develop and implement individualized programming, contingent on abilities, interests, needs, and aptitudes.
- To promote community inclusion, to the greatest degree possible, in the best interest of each individual.
The ultimate goal of the program is competitive community employment and the exclusive use of natural supports within the workplace. Based on the individualized nature of the program, trainees are supported to maximize their specific vocational potential. When it is in the best interest of the individual, there may be an opportunity for the trainee to remain at the supported work site indefinitely while receiving a continuation of intermittent support.
VISIONS provides both Individual and Group Supported Work Training within local industry and businesses. Vocational Counseling and Job Development are integral program services. VSIONS is staffed by on-site Job Trainers, Training Assistants and a credentialed Counselor.
Current business partners include:
- The Wyndham Boston Andover Hotel, Andover, MA
- Vicor Corporation, Andover, MA
- Skyworks, Woburn, MA
- Polycom, Andover, MA
- Bradford Financial, Lawrence, MA.
- Whole Foods, Andover, MA
For additional information, please contact:
Jeanne Pendergast, Program Director
Page Last modified: February 09 2012 13:49:03.